St Peter’s adopts the definition used in the Children Act 2004 and in ‘Working together to safeguard children’. This can be summarised as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Safeguarding is not just about protecting children from deliberate harm. It relates to aspects of school life including:
- pupils’ health and safety
- the use of reasonable force
- meeting the needs of pupils with medical conditions
- providing first aid
- educational visits
- intimate care
- internet or e-safety
- appropriate arrangements to ensure school security, taking into account the local context.
Designated Officer (Child Protection Lead): Mrs Anne-Marie Bahlol (Headteacher)
Deputy designated officer: Mrs Claudette Farray-Green (Deputy Headteacher and Inclusion Manager)
Deputy designated officers: Chanel Coley (School Business Manager), Jacqui McInroy
E-Safety Leader: Alina Manda
After School Club Manager: Aslom Shaha
PaceUK is an online course for parents if they wish to complete to gain a better understanding of Child Sexual Exploitation. You can find more information on the PaceUK website.