Science is a core subject and we carry out the curriculum planning for science in line with the structures and recommendations outlined in the National Curriculum in England 2014. Our medium term plans list the specific learning objectives for each lesson within a unit and give details of how the lessons are to be taught.
The aims of science teaching and learning in the school are:
- To help children gain scientific knowledge and understanding of the world around them
- To help children to develop the necessary skills to confidently work scientifically
- To help children to evaluate the benefits of science and its impact on society
- To meet the requirements of the National Curriculum
- To foster a culture of curiosity and problem solving
- To encourage progress and attainment through enthusiasm and enjoyment