- The language the children learn at St Peters is Latin which also further develops their literacy skills.
- Every class from Y3 to Y6 have a fortnightly lesson taught by a specialist teacher.
- The specialist teacher’s lessons focus on vocabulary, language forms and grammar. These are then followed up by the class teacher with lessons on historical and cultural understanding.
- For example in Y3 the children learn about The Romans and London as a city which was part of the Roman Empire (cultural and historical development) with the class teacher. They will learn vocabulary such as “poeta/regina” and “ amo”; language and grammatical forms such as “subject/verb/object”.
- Latin lessons also incorporate the performing arts such as rap, song, creative writing, crafts, dance, drama as learning tools